Connie's Café started out as a Conoco gas station with a five-seat lunch counter in 1952. Fred Hartley closed the gas station and remodeled the building to become Fred's Diner in late 1954. Hartley sold the diner to Conrad (Connie) and Donna Balch. Connie had owned two restaurants in Washington, but his parents lived in Sandpoint. At first, Connie simply painted out Fred Hartley's name on the diner and substituted his own, but eventually the facility became known as Connie's Café.
Try some of our signature dishes, including Eggs Benedict.
We host many local musicians on the lounge deckGo to Events/News
Good people. It's part of our motto, and it shows in our staff and happy guests that continue to enjoy what we have to offer.